السبت، 28 مارس 2015

Unit 3 the workbook

Page 13 A
1. pedal cab 4. thief 7. give directions
2. taxi 5. in a hurry 8. fake
3. steal 6. tourist

B
1. in a hurry 2. fake 3. thief 4. tourist

Page 14 C

1. which 3. who 5. who 7. that
2. that 4. that 6. who 8. that

D
1. My parents want me to be nice to Ahmed who is my age.
2. They want me to take Ahmed to the football game which is tomorrow night.
3. I don’t want to take my cousin who might not be a football fan.
4. This morning I heard voices that were coming from the living room.
5. When I walked into the room, I saw Ahmed who was wearing a football jersey.
6. I think Ahmed, who loves football, is going to be fun to hang out with.

Page 15 E
1. Vincent, who is a very serious person, works as a security guard at a bank.
Vincent works as a security guard at a bank that has never been robbed.

2. My brother, who is an architect, designed a new eco- friendly home.
My brother designed a new eco-friendly home which uses solar and wind power.

3. Omar, who always studies and is very smart, passed the test.

F

1. were eating; stole

4. was playing;noticed

2. was running; dropped

5. was eating; took

3. was sitting; picked it up

Page 16 G
1. He was making sandwiches while he was making a cake.
2. He was talking on the phone while he was cleaning the house.
3. He was thinking of what he needed to buy while he was shopping at the grocery store.
4. She was changing the lightbulb while he was watching TV.

Page 16 ex h

1. while 3. when 5. while
2. when 4. when 6. when

Ex i p 17
1. Saeed has an important job with a computer company.
2. Saeed wants to be a teacher because he wants to help kids and spend more time with his own kids.
3. His parents say that traveling will distract him and delay his studies.
4. Khalid should go to university right away because he shouldn’t delay his studies.

J
Answers will vary.
Sample answers: What do I like to do?
1. surf the Internet
2. write
3. talk to people

What things are important to me?
1. information
2. health
3. success

What kind of person am I?
1. curious
2. hardworking
3. talkative

What is a job that would be good for me? reporter

K
Answer will vary. Sample answer:

                    My Kind of Job
     A job as a reporter would be good for me. Reporters have to write. In fact, reporters who are good and successful love to write. A reporter is also someone who likes to do research, particularly on the Internet. And a reporter who likes to talk to people and who is curious is usually the best kind of reporter. All of these things are things that I like to do and that I am good at.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق