الخميس، 11 ديسمبر 2014

Unit 6 , Do you know where it is? The workbook

Page 35
A
1. a 2. a 3. b 4. b

B
1. cost of living
2. public transportation system; punctual; efcient
3. housing; cozy
4. green spaces; quality of life
5. crime rate

Page 36

C
1. longer       4. longest     7. dirtier
2. shortest    5. cleaner     8. cleanest
3. shorter     6. dirtiest

D
1. more expensive  3. the most expensive 2. less expensive

Page 37

E
1. cooler      4. noisier               7. best
2. sunnier    5. friendliest          8. better
3. quieter     6. most interesting

F

1. I prefer to live in the mountains because the weather is cooler.

2. I prefer to live in the mountains because the air is cleaner.

3. I prefer to live in the mountains because the people are friendlier.

Page 38

G
1. as inexpensive as    3. as expensive as
2. as good as               4. as warm as

H
1. Could you tell me when the bank closes?
2. Do you know where the gym is?
3. Could you tell me how much a train ticket costs?
4. Do you know when the supermarket opens?

Page 39

I
1. Some people like to live in a big city because there are a lot of people to meet, a lot of places to eat, and a lot of things to do.

2. Less than 10,000 people have to live in a town for it to be considered a small town.

3. Some people regret moving to a big city because they miss the community of a small town.

4. Hammondsport, New York, was recently voted the best small town in America.

5. Three things young people like to do in small towns include riding ATVs, riding horses, and riding snowmobiles.

Page 40

J
Where I Live
quiet; sunny; friendly; warm; small

Where My Friend Lives
busy; noisy; cold; expensive; cloudy

K
Write your own answer ,

      I live in a quiet village. The weather is warm and sunny most of the year. The village is small, and the people are friendly. I know all of my neighbors, and most of my relatives live in the village. My friend, Reem, lives in a large city. She loves it. But the city is busier and noisier than my village. It’s also more expensive to live in Jamal’s apartment in the city. And the worst part is that the weather is always cloudier and colder than in my village by the sea.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق