الأحد، 19 أبريل 2015

Unit 4 who used my toothpaste? The workbook

Page 23 A
1. nail polish 4. hair dryer 7. hairbrush
2. toothpaste 5. dishwashing liquid
8. shampoo
3. mirror 6. scissors

B
1. Imad used toothpaste.
2. The man used shampoo.
3. She used nail polish.
4. You put dishwashing liquid in the water.
5. The hair stylist will use a hairbrush, hair dryer, and scissors.
6. Ali is using a mirror.

Page 24 C
Answers will vary. Sample answers:
1. Q: Has Adel done the grocery shopping yet?
A: Yes, he has already done the grocery shopping.

2. Q: Have Adel and Faris already put their jackets in
the closet?
A: No, they haven’t put their jackets in the closet yet.

3. Q: Has Adel answered the phone yet?
A: Yes, he just answered the phone.

4. Q: Has Faris started his homework yet? A: Yes, he just started his homework.

5. Q: Has Adel already put the food from the
supermarket away?

A: No, Adel hasn’t put the food from the supermarket away yet.

Page 25 D
1. enjoy living 8. keeps using
2. miss having 9. can’t stand living
3. keep thinking 10. keeps throwing
4. fnished cleaning 11. stop using
5. hate being 12. avoid going
6. enjoys living 13. enjoy living
7. avoids talking

Page 26 E
1. But I did clean up my room.
Really? It looks like you messed up your room.
2. OK, Mom. I put away the dishes.

F
Are you sure you put all the dishes away?
Oh, I didn’t notice those plates in the dishwasher. I’ll put away the plates now.
1. take it out 4. hang them up
2. turn it of 5. clean it up
3. put them away

Page 27 G
1. They were not happy at school and got sick more often than other students.

2. Before you become roommates with a friend, you should discuss the situation carefully.

3. Before you become roommates with someone that you don’t know, you should talk to them about your habits and the things that irritate you.

4. You should make rules about sharing the chores, sharing food, having guests, and making noise.

Page 28 H
Answers will vary. Sample answers:
1. I enjoy reading, painting, and playing chess.
2. Some things that irritate me are people borrowing things without asking and leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
3. I go to bed at 11 p.m., and I get up 7 a.m.
4. I like chicken and fsh. I love Indian cuisine, and I love to cook.
5. I usually study in the evening, and I can’t stand noise when I study.
6. I always keep things tidy and pick up my things. I clean my room once a week.
7. I prefer going out with my friends.
8. I spend about three hours a week talking on the phone.

I
Answer will vary. Sample answer:

Things a Roommate Should Know About Me
     There are some very important things that a roommate should know about me. I really enjoy playing chess, painting, and reading. There are a couple things that irritate me. For example, I can’t stand it when someone leaves dirty dishes in the sink or borrows my things without asking. I go to bed early, and I get up early, too. My favorite food is Indian, and I love to cook. I usually study in the evenings, so my roommate should be quiet then. I always keep things tidy, and I clean my room once a week. I don’t spend much time talking on the phone. I’d rather go out with friends than invite them over.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق