الأحد، 19 أبريل 2015

Unit 5 Making choices ,the workbook

Page 29 A

1. scenic; environment; pollution; conservationist; generate; beneft
Answers will vary.
Sample answer:
I’d choose against the factory because the pollution will destroy the environment.

2. fit in; focus; cheat; pass Answers will vary.
Sample answer: Study for your history test. Don’t cheat on it. Be honest.

Page 30 B
1. sleep; won’t pass
2. rains; will practice
3. changes; doesn’t freeze
4. decide; will be; make
5. tell; will be; don’t tell; will be
6. falls; drop; foats
7. gets; will move; moves; won’t see
8. makes; will be; doesn’t go; will have

Page 31 C
1. will plant trees instead
2. may be more beautiful than it is now
3. may not visit the square
4. may not like the modern piece of art
5. will have a new place to sit

D
Answers will vary. Sample answers:
1. If I stop eating junk food, I may start going to the gym.
2. If I get more sleep, I won’t be so tired in the morning.
3. If I practice more, I’ll be able to speak English better.
4. If I save money, I might buy a computer.

Page 32 E
Answers will vary. Sample answers:
1. I’d rather read my favorite book in the park than study math.
2. I’d rather go camping in the mountains than stay in a hotel at the beach.
3. I’d rather go on vacation to another country than stay at home during vacation.
4. I’d rather play on my school’s football team than play on its basketball team.
5. I’d rather go hiking across another country than take a train.
6. I’d rather play video games than go fshing.
7. I’d rather visit the Grand Canyon than visit New York City.

Page 33 F
1. careers 4. parents and friends
2. friends 5. make mistakes
3. more serious matters

Page 34 G

Answers will vary. Sample answers:
I’d like to support people who help the environment.
If I march with them, I will tell them that I have to write the article about the truth.
If I see that there is pollution, I will write about that. If I don’t see pollution, I will write about that.
A reporter’s job is to be honest and report what is happening.

H
Answer will vary. Sample answer:

               A Difcult Decision
       I am against factories that pollute the environment. But there is a question about this factory. Is it polluting the river with chemicals? I’m not 100 percent sure. I’d rather be 100 percent sure before I write an article about it. So if I’m not sure about the pollution, I won’t the article. And if I am 100 percent sure that the factory is polluting the environment, I will write about that as well as the protest march.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق